June 2010 : French Ultra Festival (6 days race) -> race report
The Fort Carré, in Antibes (France), is reported to be one of the most beautifull stadium in Europe.
In order to train myself to race night and day, and sleep for only 2 or 4 hours, I participate in a 6 days race, to get in gear for my main goal. I expect to reach 700km or 800km. The main point to work on: logistics.
- December 2009 : free run arround the « Ile de France » (arround Paris) using the path named GRP « Ceinture Verte ». This will be a solo run, with the assistance of my wife. About 270km. Estimated time: 40 hours. -> report
- March 2010 : Paris half marathon -> race report
- April 2010 : Paris marathon, expecting a 2h50 time -> race report
- June 2010 : Bordeaux-Paris cyclos, 620km bike, 28h time limit
- July 2010 : triple Ironman in Lensahn, Germany (ultra-triathlon world championship)
- August 2010 : « Embrunman », a famous French triathlon, in the Alpes (3,8km, 185km, 42km)
November 2010 : déca-Ironman
Yes, I'm going to Monterrey, Mexico, for about 10 to 14 days of effort. Valérie, my spouse, will be my only assistance 24h/24, which is, in itself, a remarquable performance.
Ultra races are also, and very often, a matter of team work.