I can't compile U61, help!
U61 configuration scripts are not perfect, and compilation might fail for various reasons since U61 depends on a fair amount off libraries, some of them not being - yet - available on every GNU/Linux distribution (ClanLib, Hermes, Lua...).
- Read the INSTALL file in the root directory.
- Check that all the libs needed by U61 are correctly installed. For instance, Lua is quite tricky to install since you have to run ld manually to create .so files.
- Try and install a binary release. The GNU/Linux static binary does not require any extra library to run, so it might save you lots of time.
- If you're still in trouble, you can still ask for help on the mailing-list.
When I run U61, I get protection faults 8-(
This often happens when data and/or configuration files are not installed correctly. It may also happen if you have installed a new release of U61 over an older one.
Under GNU/Linux, remove the following files/directories:
- "/usr/local/share/u61" (or "/usr/share/u61"). This is the directory where all the themes and scripts are stored.
- "~/.u61rc". This is a useless file used by previous releases of U61.
- "~/.u61". This is the directory where the configuration file is stored. It can also contain custom themes and scripts.
- "/etc/clanlib.conf". This is ClanLib's configuration file, used mainly to choose which display target should be used.
Once you have removed these, reinstall the game and and try and launch it again.