Babal is jumping around again. It is a bouncing ball game, think of it as an endless runner game, happening in a futurist space tunnel.
The rules are simple : turn left, turn right, jump around to avoid the obstacles. That's it. No more. It's a simple fast-paced casual game to spend a couple minutes or more.
Music has been written by Alexander Nakarada from Serpent Sound Studios (yes, Space Ambience, that's it).
- Get Babal on Google Play Store if you are using an Android device.
- Use direct downloads for other platforms (Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux).
- View this video on Youtube showing the basic gameplay.
- Go to the Gitlab project to get access to the source code and everything that is under the hood.
25+ years of bouncing
For now it is only a work-in-progress, but yet already playable. Babal is mostly a toy project I code just because it is fun to code, do not expect a 100+ hours game experience, but it might turn out to be fun. I sometimes get caught
To get the latest version of the game:
- Google Play Store if you are using an Android device.
All versions listed here:
- Babal for HP48 , the original game, where it all started (direct download).
- SVG Babal , a small proof-of-concept I had fun with (direct download).
- Godot Rust Babal , the latest version, available for Android, Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux (direct download).
This is free and unencumbered software released into the public domain. Anyone is free to copy, modify, publish, use, compile, sell, or distribute this software, either in source code form or as a compiled binary, for any purpose, commercial or non-commercial, and by any means.
In jurisdictions that recognize copyright laws, the author or authors of this software dedicate any and all copyright interest in the software to the public domain. We make this dedication for the benefit of the public at large and to the detriment of our heirs and successors. We intend this dedication to be an overt act of relinquishment in perpetuity of all present and future rights to this software under copyright law.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
For more information, please refer to unlicense.org