Back from the 48h in Royan , the burning question is: what's up for 2016?
As usual, a bunch of races. I'm gonna taint my practice with some so-called "trail running", just to make like everyone does and make my coming out as a hipster, yet another fashion victim, unable to resist the marketing power of all those outdoor races. So let's leave track and loops for awhile and try some other things.
More precisely :
- from 12-28-15 to 01-03-16 : 6 days in Johanesburg, my 2015 main goal, trying to beat my personnal record at 541 miles
- January 31st : Paris-Mantes, 33 miles walk, at night, to be done with friends without any competition
- February 7th : 26 miles trail run to get back in shape and enjoy the mud.
- March 6th : Paris half marathon, full speed ahead
- March 19th : Ecotrail, 50 miles trail run in the woods around Paris, will the blue rabbit be back?
- April 3rd: Paris Marathon, with a sub 3 hours target, I got a revenge to take ...
- April 9th and 10th : 24h in Rennes, as a spectator/coach to support Valérie and Wilfrid.
- May 15th : Beer Lovers Marathon, a very valid excuse to gulp a couple of beers, thanks Alison for finding this
- May 21st ; Grand Raid 73, 45 miles and 15,000 feet elevation, a very valid excuse for a cheese orgy
- June 11th and 12th : Grand Raid 6666, 66 miles and 21,800 feet elevation, just to be sure I remember what mountain is about
- from July 19th until... well I don't really know : Transpyrenea, 557 miles, 180,000 feet elevation, a "trail run" or maybe just a long power hike in the mountain. It's my major 2016 goal.
- from October 23rd to 29th : 6 days of France, walk or run, I haven't made me definitive decision yet, but I will go there with Valérie, she will run too.
A low average of one race per month. Let's be reasonable.
And then? Well, history is yet to be written but I got a couple ideas of what I could do:
- 2017 : some tourism in Tennessee?
- 2017 : go back to the triple ironman in Lensahn, which I sadly missed in 2015
- 2017 : there might (maybe...) be a deca Ironman in Germany, and if this is true, I'm in!
- 2018 : go to the RAAM, crossing the United States on a bike, non-stop
And then ? Then I don't know yet, but I can certainly gather new ideas on the road.